Prof.Dr. Hans Verhagen
I have over 37 years of professional experience in the area of food safety and nutrition. I worked at Universities (Nijmegen, Maastricht, Ulster, Copenhagen), in contract research (TNO), in industry (Unilever), for the national (RIVM) and international government (EFSA), and I was editor-in-chief twice. I am a visiting professor at the University of Ulster (Northern Ireland) since 2009 and at the Technical University Denmark (DTU, Denmark) since 2021.
My strength is that I have the unique and rare combination of being both a board-certified toxicologist and board-certified nutritionist.
After my retirement from EFSA in 2020, I became the founder and owner of Food Safety & Nutrition Consultancy.
Papers / Citations / H-Index
(by December 2020):
- Number of full peer-reviewed papers: 166
- Total number of Web of Science publications (including EFSA Scientific Opinions): 820.
- Other papers: 154
- EFSA publications: 10
- Publications as editor: 16
- Other publications in Dutch: 15
- Confidential reports (TNO, Unilever, RIVM, EFSA): many hundreds.
- Hirsch Index: Web of Science: 49; Scopus: 42; Google Scholar: 49.
- Citations: Web of Science: 10141; Scopus: 6353; Google Scholar: 9761
- Dutch (Nederlands; mother tongue)
- English (C1)
- Deutsch (C1)
- Français (B1/B2)
- Italiano (B1)